ICE™ exploits the excess heat generated by the welding process to melt an additional non-powered welding electrode - the Integrated Cold Electrode; this yields significant productivity benefits without increasing heat input.
- Up to 50% higher deposition rate - instead of adding more energy, ICE™ utilizes the excess heat available to melt more wire, boosting productivity by up to 50%, depending on the application
- High Deposition Root™ - ICE™ technology enables the use of tandem welding in root passes for improved penetration and high productivity, eliminating the need for back gouging
- High Deposition Root™ and increased deposition rate can increase productivity in applications where welding speed is the key to maximizing productivity
- Reduced energy consumption - the ICE™ process enables an increase in deposition rate by up to 50% without adding more energy, combining environmental benefits with significantly reduced energy consumption
- Innovative Flat Cap Control™ - adjusting the ratio of “cold wire” used for cap runs makes it possible to produce a flatter cap to the weld, increasing fatigue resistance and reducing the need for post weld treatment
- Reduced flux consumption - complete welding applications with fewer runs resulting in a reduction of flux consumption by up to 20% when welding with a 50% higher deposition rate
- Pipe Construction
- Ship/Barge Building
- Heavy Fabrication
How to purchase ICE
We're as eager to put ESAB gear in your hands as you are to have it. That's why we sell our products with distributors who'll give you the attention, support, and value you deserve. Their expertise will make sure that you're as happy with the purchasing process as we know you'll be with your purchase itself.
To make things even easier, we've developed the online shopping list below. As you browse our site, you'll be able to click on any product to have it added to this easy reference sheet. And when you're done, you can send the list to yourself or print it out and bring it in to the distributor of your choice.
To find an ESAB distributor, just use the distributor locator tool featured on every page of our site. Alternatively, you can call our support line at +361 382 1235 and we'll point you in the right direction.