PT-36 / PT-36R Plasmarc Mechanized Cutting Torches
As part of ESAB’s m3 plasma system, the PT-36 forms the business end of the most advanced plasma cutting system available.
The rugged, reliable, PT-36 torch replaces up to three single-purpose torches (heavy plate cutting, precision cutting and marking). The end result: superior cutting functionality and productivity over a wide range of materials and thicknesses, with minimal set up time, downtime and consumable cost.
No other system offers the reliability, economy and productivity of the m3 plasma system.
- High precision torch for longer consumable life and better cut quality
- Precision close tolerance concentricity for optimum straight or bevel cutting, with highest cut quality and consumable life
- Patented Posi-Thread design makes it easier to install consumables, and eliminates the worry of damaged threads on electrode, electrode holder, and torch body
- Extremely versatile multi-gas torch, allows you to pick the combination of gases, speed, and cut quality that you want
- Oxygen, Nitrogen, Air or H-35 plasma gas; Nitrogen, Air or H-35 start gas; Nitrogen, Oxygen/Nitrogen mix, Air, or Methane shield gas, dry cutting or water injection plasma cutting
- Low current micro-nozzle cutting, precision plasma cutting, 600A thick plate cutting, and 720A water injection cutting, all with the same torch.
- Cut and mark with the same consumables
- Cuts carbon steel up to 3 in. thick with 450A Oxygen Plasma
- Cuts stainless steel or aluminum up to 2 in. thick with 600A Nitrogen Plasma, or up to 6 in. thick with 600A Argon-Hydrogen (H-35)
- Cuts stainless steel or aluminum up to 3 in. thick with 720A water injection / Nitrogen plasma
- A smaller, less expensive electrode lowers operating cost
- Requires fewer parts to purchase and stock
- Current capacity of 720A at 100% duty cycle
- “Speed-Loader” aids in consumable changes without the worries and leaks caused by o-rings, or the expense of spare torch bodies.
- Does not require expensive water chiller for cooling water, which reduces power and maintenance costs
- High quality / low cost stainless steel cutting using water injection
|Diameter||2 in. (50.8 mm)|
Current Capacity @ 100% Duty Cycle (Argon-Hydrogen)
Current Capacity @ 100% Duty Cycle (Air)
Current Capacity @ 100% Duty Cycle (Oxygen)
Current Capacity @ 100% Duty Cycle (Nitrogen)
Plasma Gas Requirements
|Conditional Statement||Start Gas Pressure|
|Gas Pressure||100-125 psig|
|Conditional Statement||Cut Gas Pressure|
|Gas Pressure||100-125 psig|
How to purchase PT-36 / PT-36R Plasmarc Mechanized Cutting Torches
We're as eager to put ESAB gear in your hands as you are to have it. That's why we sell our products with distributors who'll give you the attention, support, and value you deserve. Their expertise will make sure that you're as happy with the purchasing process as we know you'll be with your purchase itself.
To make things even easier, we've developed the online shopping list below. As you browse our site, you'll be able to click on any product to have it added to this easy reference sheet. And when you're done, you can send the list to yourself or print it out and bring it in to the distributor of your choice.
To find an ESAB distributor, just use the distributor locator tool featured on every page of our site. Alternatively, you can call our support line at +361 382 1235 and we'll point you in the right direction.