ESAB's VBA Wrist is the best solution for automated 3D cutting on heavy pipe, tube, and dome applications. Available with either plasma or oxy-fuel cutting torches, the VBA Wrist can produce continuously variable bevel cuts allowing for perfect fit up and optimum weld joint geometry. Structural steel and vessel fabricators around the world rely on the VBA Wrist to cut cost, improve accuracy, and enhance safety in the most demanding 3D cutting applications.
The unique motion system of the VBA Wrist allows it to reach further down on tank heads or domes without interference, making it the best solution for automated weld-joint bevel cutting of dome penetrations. The VBA Wrist ensures years of reliable operation through a simple, durable mechanical design that is well protected from the harsh thermal cutting environment.
- Optimized motion system allows wide range of angles with minimum chance of collision with domes
- Longer vertical reach to handle more 3D applications, handle larger domes and pipes with customized vertical lifters
- Eliminates manual layout and manual cutting
- Automates weld preparation, dramatically reducing manual grinding to add bevels
- Available for plasma or oxy-fuel cutting to handle any wall thickness
- Automatic centering system for domes
- Significantly reduces material handling
- Tank and Vessel Fabrication
- Structural Steel Fabrication
- Heavy Fabrication
- Power Poles
- Marine and Offshore
How to purchase VBA Wrist
We're as eager to put ESAB gear in your hands as you are to have it. That's why we sell our products with distributors who'll give you the attention, support, and value you deserve. Their expertise will make sure that you're as happy with the purchasing process as we know you'll be with your purchase itself.
To make things even easier, we've developed the online shopping list below. As you browse our site, you'll be able to click on any product to have it added to this easy reference sheet. And when you're done, you can send the list to yourself or print it out and bring it in to the distributor of your choice.
To find an ESAB distributor, just use the distributor locator tool featured on every page of our site. Alternatively, you can call our support line at +361 382 1235 and we'll point you in the right direction.