The ICE™ advantage
ESAB's patent pending ICE™ technology exploits the excess heat from the Twin wire SAW process yielding multiple productivity benefits:
- High deposition rate - up to 100% increased deposition rate compared to single wire welding at the same heat input, enabling many applications to be completed with fewer runs.
- High welding speed - the increased deposition rate and increased process stability can be used to deliver higher welding speeds in applications where speed matters.
- Enabling tandem welding in root passes, ICE™ technology combines high penetration with high productivity. The High Deposition Root™ method can raise root welding productivity by up to 100%, depending on the application.
- Reduced filler metal costs - typically a 20% reduction in flux consumption and additional savings in filler metal consumption from the innovative Flat Cap Control™ feature.
- The high productivity of ICE™ technology can also be used to reduce heat input and distortion at maintained productivity. Reduced heat from ICE™ technology will in many applications eliminate the need to wait for the correct interpass temperature.
- The most environment-friendly Submerged Arc Welding method reduces energy consumption by up to 33% compared to Twin Wire SAW and up to 50% compared to Single wire SAW.